If you are taking the RHCSA or RHCE you will want to know the main changes in the RHEL/CentOS distributions.
So what is new in CentOS 6.0 and what do you need to learn or refresh on for the new exam?
Ablibitum gives us a good summary of the new features below.
Filesystem & Storage:
- ext4 is now the default filesystem,
- LVM finally supports mergable snapshots – finally we can implement safe (transacted) file level replication using rsync.
- iSCSI support for root and /boot partitions
- Updated ‘tickless’ kernel – save power,
- Cgroups support for resource allocation amongst process group.
Web and applications:
- Apache 2.2
- MySQL 5.1.47
- PostgreSQL 8.4.4
- Memcached 1.4.4
- Ruby 1.8.7
- PHP 5.3.2
- Tomcat 6 / OpenJDK
For more on RHEL 6, you will find the new technical details on the official site .